These blondies are amazing. They are fudgy with pockets of sweet white chocolate and bursts of salt. I also make a batch of maple sauce to pour over; the maple really adds another layer to the blondies. Served warm with a scoop of ice cream, these are a relatively quick and irresistible treat!
- Preheat the oven to 175°c (350°f). Grease and line an 8″x8″ square or 9″ round pan.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the sugar to the butter and stir to dissolve. Add the egg and vanilla paste, and mix until smooth.
- Slowly fold in the flour mixture, then fold in the pecans, chocolate and fudge pieces.
- Fill baking tray and flatten with a spoon or spatula. Bake for around 20 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- For the sauce: in a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the cream cheese and mix to combine. Whisk in the icing sugar until smooth. Add maple syrup to taste.
The original recipe can be found here.